The Quarter Arcades ‘PAC-MAN™’ ¼ Scale Arcade Cabinet
This article is from 80sNostalgia.com. Click the title to hop over there.
Numskull Designs is incredibly proud to team up with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment for the first in a series of Quarter Arcades exclusives!
The world’s most recognisable video game ‘PAC-MAN’ has gone back to where it began with one of the most realistically-presented formats of the original platform. ‘PAC-MAN’ as a character inspired generations and the original game is still one of the most addictive arcade experiences ever created – and now you can experience the real deal from the comfort of your home as it was in the 1980’s.
This official, fully playable, highly collectible 1/4 scale replica stays true to the original arcade cabinet, with everything from its artwork, button/joystick sizes, and coin-mechanism shrunk down proportionately, so you get an authentic arcade experience that can be conveniently played on a desk, or displayed with pride on your shelf.
Whether you’re experiencing PAC-MAN for the very first time, or have fond memories of spending your pocket money gobbling up ghosts, this is the most authentic, playable miniature replica on the market!
– Official Bandai Namco Entertainment licensed product: 1/4 scale playable replica of the original 1980s PAC-MAN arcade cabinet
– Quarter Arcades #1: First of the series – collect them all to build your own miniature arcade!
– Releasing as a ‘Collectors Edition’: Limited to only 10,000 units!
– Includes exclusive ‘PAC-MAN’ coin and ‘Collectors Edition’ packaging: – once they’re gone, they’re gone
– Realistic replica: Everything from the artwork, shape, wooden shell and buttons are precise replicas
– High-quality: Made for durability, playability, and portability, playing the original arcade ROM
The Quarter Arcades ¼ PAC-MAN arcade cabinet is available worldwide to pre-order here for £149.99, and will be shipping in early December 2018.
The first ever ¼ PAC-MAN arcade cabinet will be unveiled at the Play Expo event in London on August 11th-12th at the Quarter Arcades stand.
Here are the super nerdy specs, for those that want to be sure this is the real deal:
– Height x 430mm – Width x 160mm – Depth x 210mm
– 5 inch full-colour TFT screen with 4:3 ratio
– 3-watt built-in speaker with volume control
– Built-in rechargeable lithium battery for portable use
– Micro USB powered (1.8m cable included)
– LED backlit marquee banner
– Reverse air vents with wire mesh
– Replica wooden shell with metal details
– 100% accurate emulation running the original arcade ROM on a bespoke emulator