The Most Effective Way To Unclog Your Stuffy Nose This Winter
This article is from Do You Remember. Click the title to hop over there.
We are where nostalgia lives
Cold and flu season is here and it’s imperative that the necessary measures are taken to avoid getting sick. Unfortunately, it’s highly likely that everyone reading this will get sick at least once this sickly season. Even if it’s not with the flu, it can still be pretty debilitating and make you feel incredibly rotten.
So, we have the solution to everyone’s most hated factor of getting a cold: the blocked, stuffy nose. There are tons of things you can do to try and get rid of a stuffy nose like taking a decongestant medicine, but there are also some remedies you can try from the comfort of your home that should have you feeling much better in no time.
According to Prevention magazine, there is a pretty interesting and easy method you can try.
- Press your tongue to the top of your mouth.
- Press between your eyebrows on your forehead.
- Press, tap, and release for about 20 seconds.
Amy Rushlow, the managing editor of Prevention, has claimed why this method works so well, saying, “What it does is it rocks a bone called the vomer bone back and forth, and it actually clears everything that’s congested.”
Another method that you can try is holding your head back and pinching your nose, holding your breath for as long as you can. Take a breath when you finally, absolutely need it and your sinuses should be cleared.
Rushlow commented on the efficiency of this method as well, saying, “Your brain realises that you’re not getting in enough oxygen, so your survival mechanism kicks in, clearing your sinuses so you can get in air.”
Provided below are some other methods that have been proven to help clear nasal passageways for easier breathing during a cold, provided by Medical News Today:
- “Taking a hot shower— The steam from the shower may help drain mucus away, although it’s just a temporary fix.
- Flush out the sinuses with neti pots— They have been used for hundreds of years to clear nasal passages of mucus.
- Eucalyptus oil— Place a few drops of the oil into a cup of boiling water and inhale the steam.
- Try a decongestant— They are available over the counter and work by narrowing the small blood vessels in the nose, which reduces swelling.”
Be sure to SHARE this article if you’re reading to brave this cold and flu season! Check out the video below on how to beat cold and flu season.
The post The Most Effective Way To Unclog Your Stuffy Nose This Winter appeared first on Do You Remember?.