The 8-Bit Wars – Kickstarter ending soon
This article is from Retro Games Collector. Click the title to hop over there.
“THE 8-BIT WARS will take a detailed look at the gaming explosion of the 1980s, focussing on all those wonderful games that were played on so many different platforms, exploring the different hardware formats, the games, developers, magazines, musicians and publishers with a whole new set of interviews. It will be an exploration. A voyage of retro discovery. I hope you will join me on my quest…”
The Kickstarter for the next film by Andy Remic, who already has two retro game themed films under his belt (Memoirs of a Spectrum Addict & Spectrum Addict “Load Film2”) is nearing its end. At the time of writing the Kickstarter has far surpassed its goal, meaning several fantastic stretch goals have been reached.
- THE HISTORY OF OCEAN – Chris Wilkins and Roger M. Kean (PDF)
- COMMODORE: THE INSIDE STORY – Audio Book DL (worth £10)
- An 8-BIT WARS STICKER (digital backers will receive a sticker template download/ whereas physical backers e.g. of BluRays, will receive a sticker with their film)
- THE STORY OF US GOLD by Chris Wilkins and Roger M. Kean (PDF)
- The 8-BIT WARS – THE GAME on MULTIPLE FORMATS! – A completely brand new 8-BIT computer game. All backers will receive downloads of the finished game(s).
- COMMODORE: THE INSIDE STORY – DVD and BluRay downloads
Stretch goals still to reach;
- £19K – SUNFAIL – a novel by Steven Savile, who has written for Doctor Who, Torchwood, Primeval, Stargate, and Warhammer, along with the storyline for the game Battlefield 3 (PDF)
- £20K – a choice of Spectrum Addict Film download – either Spectrum Addict: The Director’s Cut, Spectrum Addict LOAD “FILM2” or Spectrum Addict The Lost Tapes (HD versions, worth £12 each!)
- £21K – Extended Film (extended to a 6-8 hour serialised extravaganza in 1 hour(ish) episodes)
Only 4 days to go at the time of writing this so head on over to the Kickstarter and check out what you will get. We think the stretch goals alone make it worth while, so to get those AND a film starring loads of game industry legends? Bargain.
Oh, and did I mention I will be in it?
Featured Video Interview: Gary Bracey, OCEAN Software
A short sample film containing an interview with Gary Bracey, where he talks about the Acorn Atom, the ZX81, the ZX Spectrum and major Liverpool software houses of the early days…
Featured Video Competition: RAF CECCO!
“The RAF CECCO VERY MEAN GAME SPOTTING COMPETITION…….”
Have you got what it takes?