1984-a-thon Final Day
This article is from Forgotten Films. Click the title to hop over there.
Well, all good things must come to an end. Here is the final batch of reviews from the 1984-a-thon. I want to thank all the great bloggers and podcasters who participated for making this event such a big success. You all rock!
– The Dew Over podcast looks at all five of 1984’s Best Picture nominees and decides whether that year is in need of a “Dew Over.”
– Kristen at Journeys in Classic film is Romancing the Stone.
– Karamel Kinema looks at Lars Von Trier’s debut The Element of Crime.
– Never sleep again…Marc at French Toast Sunday looks at A Nightmare on Elm Street.
– Sam at French Toast Sunday faces Conan the Destroyer.
– Pinnland Empire reviews Boy Meets Girl.
– Moon in Gemini has a case of Irreconcilable Differences.
– Turn on the Stevie Wonder soundtrack and join Girls Do Film for The Woman in Red.
– Random Pictures gives us Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung in Wheels on Meals.
– Pre-code.com looks at Johnny Dangerously.
– Parlor of Horror conducts The Philadelphia Experiment.
– The Randy Newman score swells as Ten Stars or Less reviews The Natural.
– Alcohollywood takes a trip to Paris, Texas.
– Film and Other Assorted Buffery looks at Neil Jordan’s The Company of the Wovles.
– Cinemascuro looks at the sword and sorcery epic The Warrior and the Sorceress.
– This Must Be the Place looks at the Talking Heads concert film Stop Making Sense.
– It’s Jason’s final killing spree…or was it? We Minored in Film reviews Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.
– The Cinematic Spectacle looks at Robert Altman’s Secret Honor.
– Peter at Man I Love Films on The Hit.
– Chuck Norris Ate My Baby reviews Killpoint.
– Yours truly guested on the Filmwhys Podcast to discuss some of the standout films from 1984.