15 Surprising Things You Never Realized About Popular Chain Restaurants
This article is from Do You Remember. Click the title to hop over there.
We are where nostalgia lives
Popular chain restaurants like McDonalds and Panera contain some of the most sought-after food in America. From burgers, to fries, to shakes, to everything in between, it’s hard to not crave it every once in a blue moon!
We’re sure you’ve seen some of the funny, sad, and down-right disgusting truths about chain restaurants. However, there are some things you may not have heard about your favorite places!
1. The kale salad at McDonald’s has more calories than the Double Big Mac (730 vs 680). WHAT?
I’d still rather go with the salad.
2. A 30 oz McDonald’s sweet tea holds as much sugar as two Snickers bars.
Dang! We all thought we were being healthy by getting tea instead of soda!
3. There’s a secret menu item at Chipotle called the “quesarito.” It’s a burrito wrapped in a cheese quesadilla instead of the typical tortilla. I could go for that right now…
Um, sign me up! I’m all for this burrito/quesadilla mix. The more cheese, the better.
4. After Colonel Sanders left KFC, he grew to hate the company the food itself. He said the food was the worst chicken he’d ever seen and it tasted like ‘wallpaper paste.’ Yikes!
Yet it’s still one of the most popular chain restaurants in the US!
5. Subway’s Italian B.M.T. was named after the original Brooklyn Manhattan Transit.
I bet all the money in my bank account that I never would have thought of that.
6. Prior to 2013, Pizza Hut was the number one buyer of kale. They didn’t even serve it! They just used it as decoration for their salad bar.
Isn’t that sort of a waste? Calling all vegans — we found your kale!
7. At a Dunkin’ Donuts in South Korea, they ran an ad campaign that consisted of spraying coffee scents onto buses the same time that the store jingle played. This led to a 16% increase in visitors and a 29% increase in coffee sold. Innovative!
If I ever open my own coffee shop, I’m totally doing this.
8. Singer Jason Mraz owns an avocado farm and sells around 30,000 pounds of avocados per year to Chipotle.
This is probably why guacamole costs extra. It’s coming from Jason Mraz.
Click through to the next page to find out more fascinating facts about chain restaurants!
The post 15 Surprising Things You Never Realized About Popular Chain Restaurants appeared first on Do You Remember?.